Bacon Wrapped Candied Sweet Potatoes with Bourbon Butter Brown Sugar Glaze
Write a review
- 4 large sweet potatoes (baked and peeled)
- 1 1/4 C marshmallow cream
- 1/2 C brown sugar
- 1 TBSP apple or pumpkin pie spice
- 1 lb bacon
- 1 1/2 sticks butter
- 1/4 C water
- 1 1/4 C brown sugar
- 3/4 C bourbon
- whipped cream of choice
- 1. Add all main ingredients except bacon to large bowl and mix/whip until smooth.
- 2. Put into 8x8 or 9x13 pan lined with wax paper and chill in freezer until firm.
- 3. Cut into bite-sized pieces and wrap with bacon, securing with toothpicks as needed.
- 4. Heat oil in deep fryer to 320 degrees. Add bites to fryer and cook 5-8 minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- 5. Remove from oil and let cool on wire rack on a paper towel.
- 6. Top with whipped cream and glaze.
- 1. Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat.
- 2. Add water and brown sugar.
- 3. Stir to mix all ingredients and let come to a boil.
- 4. Whisk in bourbon and let simmer 5-10 minutes until thick.
Bacon Bash Texas https://moxiebuild.com/