Bacon Bananas Foster From Team Swine & Wine
Write a review
- 1/2 stick Butter
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 4 Bananas cut in half and halved
- 1lb. Pederson's Natural Farms Bacon
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Kosher Salt
- Garlic Powder
- Mustard Powder
- Hot Sauce
- Half N Half
- In a skillet or outdoor wok, melt butter and stir in brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Add bananas and fold into the sugar until coated. Add *Candied Bacon to heat, add bourbon.
- Set afire and allow bourbon to burn off. Pour over bacon dust custard & top with bacon fat pecans.
- Serve immediately.
- Candied Bacon (brown sugar, bourbon, bacon)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Trim the fat off of 8 slices of bacon and set aside. Place trimmed bacon slices on baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Whisk 1/2 cup bourbon with 1 cup brown sugar until sugar granules dissolve.
- With pastry brush, coat each side of the bacon strip with the bourbon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from baking sheet to a wire rack to cool and then cut into bite size pieces.
- Bacon Dust (bacon, sugar, water, egg white, cayenne, cardamom, nutmeg, cloves, and pecans)
- Cook bacon (bake or fry) to your liking, crispy is best & set aside to cool and then coarsely chop and crumble.
- In sauce pan mix 1/4 cup sugar and 4 T. of water and cook until syrupy. Toss crumbled bacon in sugar syrup to coat and drain excess syrup.
- Beat 1 egg white until foamy and add 1/8 tsp cayenne, 1/8 tsp cardamom, 1/4 tsp nutmeg, 1/4 tsp cloves.
- Add crumbled bacon to coat and spread onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Finely chop 1/4 cup pecans and sprinkle over bacon.
- Bake 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool and crumble again to desired dust.
- Bacon Fat Pecans (cooked bacon fat, Worcestershire sauce, kosher salt, garlic powder, mustard powder, hot sauce, cayenne pepper, 1 cup pecan halves)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- In a cast iron skillet on low to med heat, fry reserved bacon fat until crisp. Remove cooked fat, set aside.
- In same skillet use 6 Tbsp. of fat drippings (doesn't have to be exact) and add 1 cup pecan halves, stir to coat evenly with bacon fat.
- In separate bowl combine 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, 1 1/4 tsp kosher salt, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp mustard powder, 1/2 tsp hot sauce, 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper and mix well.
- Pour over pecans and bake 25-30 minutes, stir every 10 minutes, during the last 10 minutes add cooked bacon fat and cook additional 10 minutes.
- Custard (butter, dark brown sugar, half n half, egg yolks, vanilla & bourbon)
- In a 1 quart sauce pan, melt 3T of butter and add 3/4 cup dark brown sugar to melt, stirring constantly, add 2 1/2 cups half n half, stirring until mixture is hot.
- Separate 5 eggs from the whites. Slowly temper the egg yolks with the milk until yolk mixture is warm and then stir back into milk mixture to cook about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1/4 tsp of vanilla and 2 tsp of bourbon. Let cool.
- Prepare to freeze in ice cream and/or yogurt machine. Makes 1 quart.
Bacon Bash Texas https://moxiebuild.com/